FREEBIE: Small McCafé Coffee at McDonalds
From September 16, 2014 – September 29, 2014, get a FREE small McCafé coffee at McDonalds during breakfast hours! No coupons required and valid at participating locations including Menomonie’s.
Additionally, you could win “custom gifts and experiences” by “sipping and telling” your embarrassing pre-coffee moments on social media with @McCafe and #SipandTell.
See press release here.
FREEBIE: Two Body Samples
My French Way
Request your two FREE body care samples from My French Way in one of two ways:
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Regardless of the method, don’t forget to include your shipping address and sample selection.
The samples can be seen here and include some great products like: Hand Cream Olive Oil, Royal Body Cream Honey & Propolis, Skincare: Light Cream Anti-Aging and even products for baby–Baby Alphanova Cold Cream and Baby Alphanova Eryzing Diaper Cream.
My French Way are 100%, not tested on animals and free from:
- Synthetic Dyes
Even better, their customer rating is 9.8 out of 10!
Get a FREE bag of Tidy Cats Pure Nature Cat Litter in 7.5lb, 12lb or 14lb variety via rebate. Valid at many stores including: Walmart and Walmart.com, Walgreens and Walgreens.com, Target and Target.com, PetSmart, PetCo, and many veterinary clinics or animal shelters. This offer expires 5.12.15.
FREEBIE: Escada Joyful Perfume Sample
Get a FREE sample of Escada Joyful Perfume.
FREEBIE: Real Time Pain Relief Gel Sample
Get your FREE sample of Real Time Pain Relief Gel, a homeopathic formula.
NOTE: You will need to verify your email address before the sample is sent to you.
Random Acts of Kindness
The “United We Serve” initiative began in January 2013 with President Obama’s call for Americans to volunteer and has arguably developed into Random Acts of Kindness all across the country. To make your mark, here are some great examples of Random Acts of Kindness:
- Pick-Up Trash
- Pay for the car behind you via drive-thru or toll
- Plant a Tree
- Hold the door open for someone, especially an elderly individual
- Allow someone to go ahead of you in line, especially if you have a lot of items versus their few or they have young children
- Leave quarters in meters, at the laundromat, in candy machines and merry-go-round rides
- Donate non-perishables to food pantry
- Donate items you no longer use to Goodwill or Salvation Army, or on Craigslist or FreeCycle
- Visit or Read to Elderly
- Conserve Water
- Use Reusable Water Bottle
- Use Digital Coupons versus Paper
- Use Reusable Shopping Bags
- Conserve energy
Neighborly for family, friend, neighbor, hair stylist, bank teller, massage therapist, stranger, etc.:
- Donate books
- Tutor children
- Host an international student
- Complete employee surveys
- Return a shopping cart
- Buy locally–small businesses and farmers markets
- Become an Organ Donor
- Donate Blood
- Donate your Hair to Locks of Love
- Write a Hand-Written Thank You
- Tip Generously
- Compliment waiter/waitress or customer service representative by asking to speak to their manager
- Give a positive review on Etsy, Angie’s List, etc.
- Fill up a strangers’ gas tank
- Thank public service employee: mail carrier, firefighter, police officer, etc.
- Offer repair man, technician, etc. a beverage
- Stranger on hair style, outfit, jewlery, etc.
- Mother or father for their parenting techniques
- Company’s products or services via phone or email (as opposed to negative remarks)
For additional Random Acts of Kindness, see the following resources:
Do you have young children or time restrictions? Check out: Random Acts of Kindness Online and Volunteerism
“About United We Serve.” United We Serve. Serve.gov, n.d. Web. 11 Aug. 2014.
Random Acts of Kindness Online
There are many wonderful things you can do to help others, but volunteerism, charity and kindness can require a lot of time, something especially difficult when you have a busy schedule or small children. The following are some great ways to put your time or money to work in making a positive difference from your couch for individuals and non-profit organizations:
- Random Kindness: A “subreddit” of Reddit, a public forum, where you can request and gift acts of kindness.
- Random Acts of Amazon: Similar to Random Kindess, Random Acts of Amazon is another subreddit where people post their Amazon Wish Lists and, as a kind soul, you can gift an item. Random Wishlist provides you with just that or you can search by similar interests via Wishlist Database Search (orange buttons on right hand side). Here’s how you send a gift.
- Random Acts of Pizza: Where you can gift a pizza to somebody in need via an eGift Card sent to their email. In the subreddit, individuals will provide a brief description about their circumstances and are very good at paying it forward. Similarly, see Food Pantry and Assistance.
- Donate to a Non-Profit: There are over 1.5 million non-profit organizations, but here a few of my favorites for personal reasons: Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America for Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerlative Colitis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, American Cancer Society and Help-Portrait, a global movement of photographers, hair stylists and makeup artists providing no-cost portraits annually in early December.
- Volunteer Match: Check out the virtual opportunities! A combination of local and virtual, Volunteer Match connects volunteers and non-profits based on shared interests. Presently, they have matched 8.2 million opportunities.
- Skills for Change: Non-profits’ quick, e-volunteering or virtual opportunities posted as challenges
- UN Volunteers: Virtual opportunities geared toward sustainable human development
- Click for a Cause: Greater Good and its subsidiaries for Hunger, Breast Cancer, Animals, Veterans, Autism, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Rainforest and Literacy, and Care2 for Children, Breast Cancer, Animal Rescue, Rainforest, Violence Against Women, Global Warming, Ocean, Seals, Big Cats, Primates and Wolves.
- Donate Old Stuff: Post things you no longer use to FreeCycle or Craigslist. You do have to request to join FreeCycle or create an account on Craigslist, but both are free.
As your schedule becomes more flexible, check out Random Acts of Kindness for non-virtual opportunities and Volunteerism
“How Many Nonprofit Organizations Are There in the U.S.?” GrantSpace. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Aug. 2014.